Non-Timber Forest Products and Bioeconomy
28–30 November 2017, Rovaniemi, Finland
Click MENU above for NTFP2017 information:
- Preliminary session program updated.
- Instructions for presentations have been updated.
- Registration open, normal prices until 13 November 2017.
- We have been happy to receive numerous high-quality submissions, of which the organizing committee has selected 22 oral and 33 poster presentations.
Natural Resources Institute Finland and Arctic Centre of the University of Lapland will host a joint conference covering basic and applied research about Non-Timber Forest Products (NTFPs) as a part of the bioeconomy.
The first two days of the conference will consist of presentations by invited keynote speakers and selected specialists. The third day is reserved for keynote speakers, remarks and comments by company participants, and concluding remarks.
The conference will take place at the Arktikum in Rovaniemi, Finland 28–30 November 2017. The event will be composed of the following themes:
Theme 1: Ecological sciences and NTFPs, NTFP production
- Novel knowledge about interactions between NTFPs and environment
- Synergy between NTFP production and forestry
- NTFPs in agriculture
- Intensive NTFP production: Bioreactors and incubators
Theme 2: NTFP processing and engineering
- Molecular characteristics of NTFPs
- New NTFP processing methods: Technologies, products, effects and quality control
Theme 3: Human sciences and NTFPs
- Human sciences and socioeconomics within the framework of NTFPs: Economics, governance and social / cultural sustainability
- Studies about emerging and existing NTFP market segments, their characteristics and consumer perceptions (quality, origin, brands)
We warmly welcome participation of all interested experts operating in the field of Non-Timber Forest Products.
Chair of the local organizing committee
For more information, please contact NTFP2017@luke.fi
Up-to-date information of NTFP2017 Conference can be found at this web site. Conference mailing list is no more updated.