Attention by Lyyti
DocPoint 2019 Volunteering
New reservations are valid for
Your reservation has expired. There may still be places available
DocPoint 2019 volunteer application form
Please fill out the form carefully, so we can find you the position that is most fun and rewarding for you.
Festival is held 28.1.- 3.2.2019,
help is also needed before and after the festival. You need to be over 18 in order to apply for volunteering positions.
Fun festival tasks:
- Info is located in the heart of the festival - festival centre. Positive and helpful attitude are assets when working at infodest. Media participants, accreditated guests and other customers are guided at the Infodesk. Fluent Finnish is required.
- Theater staff works as a team and make sure everything runs smoothly in our festival theaters. They check tickets, help customers and look after the tidiness.
Theatre Staff Supervisor
- Together with cinema's own staff, supervisors make sure everything is under control. Supervisor coordinates theater staff's duties and takes care of the schedules. Earlier experience is required.
Box office -
Box office duties are one of the challenging duties of the festival. Ticket sale needs caution, ability to work under pressure and positive attitude. Most shifts will be managed solo. Fluent Finnish is required.
- We need help for spreading the word about the festival around the city. We will be distributing festival papers, programs and posters around the city between 3.1.-28.1.2019 and all the shifts can be done in pairs (more fun that way). The shifts are flexible, the schedule can be agreed on occasion. Distribution is done around the city centre by walking. Outer city areas are done by car by pairing a driver and a distributor.
- Drivers need to feel comfortable driving in the city, be helpful with our festival guests and can help out with distribution of the festival materials. If you have a valid driver's licence, no tendency for roadrage or for wrecking a car, this is the team for you.
- If you have an eye for beautiful things and can work in a team, this role is for you. Decoration teams make our theaters look like there might be a festival going on. Shifts are between 21.1.- 28.1.2019
- International filmmakers are invited to DocPoint. It’s your job to host them and make their visit wonderful.
- The publicity team is looking for translators (Finnish to English) both before and after the festival as well as extra hands to help with our press book during the festival week.
Social media team
- Do you love creating Instagram Stories? Is Twitter your thing? We’re looking for enthusiastic social media gurus to join our team during the festival week. If possible, please include links to your social channels.
- We need all sorts of people at various tasks, if you happen to have special abilities such as : technical guru, graphic designer wizard, photoshop pro, GIF master - we NEED YOU . Just write in the box if you happen to have a special talent which you are happy share with us as a volunteer.
- We are looking for photographers and videographers to capture our wonderful guests and festival buzz. Sadly we’re unable to offer gear so please only apply if you have your own. Please include a link to your online portfolio.
The minimum number of volunteer shifts is four shifts (4-7 hours per shift). Four shift grants you the following:
☒ Staff pass - free entry to normal priced festival screenings (tickets subject to availability)
☒ Food coupons - min. 6 hrs shift
☒ Invitation to the Wrap up Party
General festival info will be held to all volunteers week or two before the festival. Each team will have a short orientation before the festival (or the beginning of the first shifts).
Shifts are shared in google forms two-three weeks before the festival, as soon as you have booked your shifts there´s no turning back or you will burn in the flames of MORDOR. Just kiddin´..kind of.
More information about the festival:
If you happen to have any questions write me an email, I'll be happy to answer all your questions.
Emilia - firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Volunteering positions