are accepted only electronically by using the on-line submission system:
Before submitting anything, we kindly ask you to read the instructions below.
Accepted contributions will be presented either as oral or poster presentations according to the decision of the Scientific Committee. Acceptance of the abstract is subject to acceptance by the Scientific Committee and the Committee has all rights to accept or reject the abstract.
The final date to submit your abstract is March 31, 2020. Authors will be notified of the acceptance of their contributions by April 30, 2020 (subject to changes).
If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact the congress secretariat directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Publishing of the abstracts
All accepted abstracts will be published in a the Book of Abstracts, subject to the author registering as a paid delegate. The accepted abstracts will be published as typed by the author, including any errors in grammar, spelling or scientific facts. The Book of Abstracts will be printed for the conference participants. In addition, it will be published online in Open Access report series of the Natural Resources Institute Finland. Thus, it will have ISSN and ISBN codes and a permanent URL link to an online pdf version.
Extending your work – Journal Special Issues
We have teamed up with the journals Alces and Silva Fennica, which will publish Special Issues from the conference works. Each author will have a chance to extend his/her work into a research article to be published in these special issues. Silva Fennica will focus only on theme ‘3. Moose and forestry’, while Alces will publish a broader Special Issue. In any condition, all journal policies regarding peer review, payment of author fees etc. will apply. The interest to publish in the Special Issues is given in the abstract submission phase. About the journals:
Silva Fennica (Indexed, 5-year Impact Factor 1.950) offers full publishing services with the Golden Open Access model. All accepted articles are published immediately open to everyone. The authors keep the copyright. An article processing charge (APC) of 800 € is collected on accepted articles for covering the publishing costs. APC is waived for authors based in low or lower middle-income countries. Open access ensures a wide distribution of your research results – in 2018, Silva Fennica’s website had visitors from 163 countries. Silva Fennica is Plan S compliant. Before submission, authors should read the Instructions for Authors and Journal Policies in the Silva Fennica’s website: https://ojs.silvafennica.fi/index.php/silvafennica/about
Alces invites original manuscripts describing studies of the biology and management of moose throughout their circumpolar distribution, as well as other ungulate or carnivore species that overlap their range. Some manuscripts published in Alces originate as papers presented at the annual North American Moose Conference and Workshop, but works may be submitted directly to the Editors at any time. Each is examined by the Submissions Editor and assigned to an Associate Editor who selects at least two reviewers knowledgeable about the subject. Reviewers judge submitted manuscripts on data originality, ideas, analyses, interpretation, accuracy, conciseness, clarity, appropriate subject matter, and on their contribution to existing knowledge. Publication charges for Alces are 30 $ CND per page. For more details: https://alcesjournal.org/index.php/alces
Detailed instructions for Abstract Submission
The abstract topic should be related to one of these themes:
1.) Moose population management and monitoring
2.) Diseases and zoonoses
3.) Moose and forestry
4.) Movements and habitat use
5.) Predator-prey interactions
6.) Genetics and physiology
7.) Life history
8.) Human dimensions
The title should be typed in using small letters, title starting with a capital letter, and should not exceed 20 words. Do NOT type the full title in capital letters. The title should clearly define the topic.
Authors and Affiliations
Please fill in the author details as requested on the form. The compulsory details are: Affiliation (organization), Country, First name and Last name. Kindly mark only one author as the presenter.
Body of the abstract
The maximum size of the abstract is 250 words. The word limit does not include the title or author details of the abstract; the limit is for the actual text of the abstract. The abstract must be written in English. The abstract should logically contain the following issues: Objectives, Research question, Materials and methods, Results and Conclusion.
Terms and conditions
In submitting an abstract all presenters agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I confirm that each author / presenter listed agree with the content of this abstract and has given permission to be listed as an author / presenter.
- I have checked the accuracy of the information and referencing within this abstract.
- I understand that should my abstract be accepted for presentation, I am required to complete a conference registration. I understand that my abstract will not be published until my registration and full payment has been received.
- I hereby provide permission for the Organisers and Committee of the Conference to publish my abstract in the Conference
- I understand that my abstract will be published, if accepted, as submitted and that no editing to grammar or spelling will be undertaken by the Organizing Committee.
Log in to the abstract submission system (link at the top of this page). If you have created an account please use your passwords. If you are logging in for the first time please select the Create New Account –option. Kindly notice that only abstracts submitted using the on-line system can be accepted.
Fill in your e-mail address and your preferred password. Click Create New Account.
Click Update Contact Information and then Create Contact
Select Abstract Submission from the top of the page.
Fill in the requested details:
- Type in the title according to the instructions given
- Choose the theme and possibility for an extended presentation
- Fill in the author details
- Type your abstract to the text field.
- Preview your abstract and click Continue
- Accept the terms and conditions and then submit your abstract by clicking Submit
At any time in the process you can click the Save As Draft button to save your incomplete submission and return to it later. You can edit – until the submission deadline - the draft version of your abstract. Once you have clicked “Submit” you can no longer edit your abstract.
- 1st of February 2020 – Abstract submission and registration will open.
- 31st of March 2020 – Deadline for abstract submission (subject to change).
- 30th of April 2020 – Notification of acceptance for oral presentations / posters sent to authors, at the latest.
- 15th of May 2020 – Deadline for registration with early-bird rate.
- 31st of May 2020 – Final deadline for registration. Delayed registrations will be ignored.